FOI request (FOI212899)
Requested Tue 09 May 2017
Responded Tue 09 May 2017
Regarding Selective licensing of Private rented properties:
1) When did you introduce Selective licensing?
2) How many properties were covered by your licensed area?
3) How many licenses have you issued?
4) How many licenses do you intend to issue?
5) Have you done any prosecutions related to these licenses?
6) If so how many and for what?
7) How many staff did you need to administer and police these licenses?
8) Did you need to take on extra staff or external agencies to help administer once the scheme was up and running?
9) Did the money charged for licensing fully cover the cost of administration?
10) If the money taken did NOT cover the costs, how much additional funding did you need to provide?
11) What additional programmes did you provide alongside licensing, like regeneration, demolition, re-building, environmental provisions, insulation funding etc. Please list what they were and an approximate figure of the total cost that these programmes have cost so far and anticipated final cost of all of these by the end of the licensing period?
I understand that under the Act I am entitled to a response within 20 working days of your receipt of this request. Some parts of the request may be easier to answer than others. Should this be the case, I request that you release information as soon as possible. If my request is denied in whole or in part, I ask that you justify all deletions by reference to specific exemptions of the act. I will also expect you to release all non-exempt material. I reserve the right to appeal your decision to withhold any information or to charge excessive fees.
1. October 2015 2. Information not held - unable to say until end of scheme 3. 3366 4. Estimate 8000 5. Yes 6. 1 successful prosecution for non licensing 7. currently employ 11 full time equivalents 8. No 9. Information not held - unable to say until end of scheme 10. n/a 11. None directly related to Selective Licensing
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.