FOI request (FOI209238)
Business Rates over £25,000
Requested Thu 09 March 2017
Responded Thu 09 March 2017
In accordance with the provisions specified within the above Act I hereby request the following information or an update of the information since the last request. All information requested relates to Business Rates.
Required Information;- A list of all live business rates accounts with a 2010 list Rateable Value greater than or equal to £25,000.
- Property Reference Number (also known as Billing Authority Reference Number) of the property on which the charge is made. Please note that this is not the Rate Demand or Rate Account Number.
- Current rateable value
- Account holder name
- Property address
- The billing address (where different to the property address), the contact telephone number and email address
- The date the current ratepayer became liable for the business rates - we do not require any historical account liability dates only the current ratepayers liability start date
- Where a property is currently empty please provide the date the ratepayer became liable for empty rates
- Where there is an exemption on the account please provide the start and end date and type of exemption applied (e.g. listed building)
- Where there is a relief on the account please provide the date it was applied and the type of relief (e.g. charity)
- We do not require any personal information or sole traders.
This information is held
Please see attached spreadsheets.
Please note that Hastings Borough Council does not hold a document containing business telephone numbers and email addresses, this would require inputting this data manually and would exceed the appropriate time limit as set by the Information Commissioner therefore please see refusal notice below:
NOTICE OF REFUSAL
To input the remaining data would require manually checking each case which has been estimated at 4 minutes per case totalling 26 hours therefore would exceed the time limit set out by the Information Commissioner therefore under S12 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 provides an exemption from the obligation to comply with a request for information if the estimated costs of complying with that request would exceed the prescribed appropriate limit. We estimate that the costs of complying with your request would exceed the appropriate limit by a significant amount. For this reason we feel unable to comply with this question.
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.