FOI request (FOI206364)
Syrians resettled under SVPRS
Requested Wed 08 February 2017
Responded Wed 08 February 2017
I am writing to request some information about refugees resettled under the Syrian Vulnerable Persons Resettlement scheme (SVPRS), including dependents.
I am after the following information:
1. How many people has your LA pledged to resettle under the SVPRS by the end of the scheme (end of 2020?)
2. How many people have been resettled in your LA under the SVPRS as of Friday 9 December 2016?
3. Can you provide any information about the way housing is found for refugees resettled under the SVPRS, specifically:
- are any of the houses organised through private companies such as G4S or Serco? If so how many properties?
- are you aware of any charities or faith groups making property available to house refugees brought in through the scheme? If so, how many properties?
ResponseThis information is heldQ1 - Hastings Borough Council (HBC) has pledged to resettle 40 people up to 2020. Further to the initial pledge, HBC has said that it will try to resettle a further 60 people if possible, bringing the total to 100.Q2 - 10Q3 - No houses in Hastings are organised through private companies such as G4S or Serco - No houses in Hastings have been made available through charities or faith groups; HBC has sourced two properties for the Syrian Resettlement Programme, both of which have been in the private rented sector.
Freedom of Information