FOI request (FOI206070)
Requested Thu 02 February 2017
Responded Thu 02 February 2017
Please provide the following information. I make this request under the Freedom of Information Act (FOI):
1) How many street/highway trees have been felled by the council or by council contractors since 1 April 2010? If you do not have a full total, please provide a figure for those you have recorded in the period.
2) How many of those trees were protected by a Tree Preservation Order? If you do not have a full total, please provide a figure for those you have recorded in the period.
3) How many of those trees were ancient/veteran trees? If you do not have a full total, please provide a figure for those you have recorded in the period.
4) How much has it cost the council to fell street/highway trees in the period?
5) Please state how many trees were felled because they were diseased, decayed, dying or dead.
6) Please state how many were felled because they were causing structural damage or an obstruction.
7) How many were felled for other reasons? Please state in broad terms what these reasons might have been.
8) How many of the felled street/highway trees have been replaced on streets in this period?
9) How many the felled trees have been replaced off-street in this period - i.e in woodlands/nature reserved.
This information is held
Q1 - 50 Q2 - none Q3 - none Q4 - £12k Q5 - 50 Q6 - nil Q7 - none Q8 - 50 Q9 - none
Freedom of Information