FOI request (FOI-88048733)
Requested Thu 13 September 2018
Responded Tue 02 October 2018
I'm writing to request the following information under the Freedom of Information Act:
- The number of HMOs or multi-lets in your authority under mandatory licensing schemes in 2018, 2017 and 2016
- If available, the number of HMOs which should fall under the current and outgoing mandatory licensing requirements, which you know or suspect are unlicensed
- If held, the number of HMO or multi-let properties which will not require a mandatory license following from 1 October 2018, when The Licensing of Houses in Multiple Occupation (Prescribed Description) (England) Order 2018 SI 2018/221 & The Licensing of Houses in Multiple Occupation (Mandatory Conditions of Licenses) (England) Regulations 2018 SI 2018/616 enters into force
- The number of HMO license applications received in the most recent 12 month period that you hold on record
- The number of HMO license applications rejected in the most recent 12 month period that you hold on record. If recorded, please include a breakdown of the reason for rejection
- The number of HMOs you estimate will fall into the new mandatory licensing scheme when it enters into force on 1 October 2018
- The number of visits to HMOs conducted for the most recent 12 month period that you hold on record
- The number of prosecutions brought against HMO landlords in the last two years. If available, a breakdown of the offence and outcome
- Whether your council has taken any decisions to stop granting new HMO licenses, or cap the number of new licenses granted in the future. If so, details of the limit and the minutes of the meeting in which it was decided.
1. Please see attached (1)
2. Information not held
3. Information not held
4. 19.9.17-19.9.18 - 457 Additional, 6 - Mandatory
6. Information not held
7. 19.9.7 - 19.9.18 - 143
8. Please see attached (2)
9. No such decision made
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.