FOI request (FOI-87887577)
Retail Voids/Business Rates
Requested Wed 12 September 2018
Responded Thu 20 September 2018
- What is the current level of retail voids in your council area?
- What percentage of these voids have been in the following categories
- A1. Shops (inc. retail sale of goods other than hot food)
- A2. Financial and professional services
- A3. Food and drink
- B1. Business (inc. offices)
- C1. Hotels and hostels
- D2. Assembly and leisure (inc. cinemas, bingo halls)
- Other, please specify
- Has the level of retail voids increased or decreased over the past 12 months and by how much?
- Have you increased or decreased the business rates in FY17/18 and by how much?
- Have you requested funds from the discretionary relief fund to provide business rate discounts to those businesses most in need in your area?
If no, do you plan to request funds from the discretionary relief fund and where do you plan on allocating these?
- If yes, where have/will these funds be allocated?
- Is your council a business landlord?
Details taken as at 18th September 2018
1. 13 properties
2. A1 38.45% A3 7.7% B1 38.45% Car parking spaces 7.7% Self-catering unit 7.7%
3. Comparing the same date in 2017, the level of retail voids has reduced (20 properties in 2017 to 13 properties in 2018)
4. Business rates have been levied in accordance with the regulations - Hastings Borough Council has no direct influence on any increase or decrease in charge.
5. Yes. Funds have been allocated according to the Council's policy, a copy of which can be found on our website www.eastsussex.gov.uk
6. Yes the council is a landlord.
Please note - this information covers void allowances only, it does not include empty properties.
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.