FOI request (FOI-71024364)
Requested Thu 22 March 2018
Responded Tue 27 March 2018
I am writing to you under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 to request the following information.
- How many maintained schools in your authority are housed in properties/buildings not owned by the Local Authority i.e. Private Landlords?
- Of the schools housed in properties/buildings not owned by the Local Authority, how many schools are funded from the High needs block? I.e. Special schools or Pupil Referral Units
- How much, for each school funded from the High needs block, is paid in rent annually for privately owned properties/building? And, for each school, is this paid by the Local Authority or from the School budget?
- For each school who pays the rent from its school budget, does that school receive any funding outside of the high needs block (place funding and top up funding) to cover or contribute towards the costs of rent?
- For each school, where no additional funding outside of the high needs block is allocated, are the rent costs reflected in your local top up funding costs?
Schools and Education is dealt with by East Sussex County Council, please visit their website for further information: www.eastsussex.gov.uk
Freedom of Information