FOI request (FOIR-551134190)
Requested Sun 01 October 2023
Responded Thu 12 October 2023
I am writing to you under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 to request the following information.
Please may you provide me with:
1. How many raids, welfare enforcement visits and warrants were executed under the Animal Welfare Act 2006 between 31st August 2019 and 31st August 2023 by the council with the assistance of the RSPCA on the day. Please indicate the RSPCA level of assistance if known, for example, transport only, assessment, physical handling of animals, and so on.
2. How many raids, welfare enforcement visits and warrants were executed under the Animal Welfare Act 2006 during the same period by the council without the presence and assistance of the RSPCA.
3. Please indicate which type of council officers were present during the above action and how many of each type if known, for example, Animal Welfare Officers, Animal Licensing Officers, Animal Health Officers, or Other.
4. How many requests for information or assistance were made to the council in relation to Animal Welfare issues between 31st August 2019 and 31st August 2023 by the local police authority, by the RSPCA.
5. How many of the above actions were on domestic premises rescues, boarding kennels, and Animal Welfare Establishments (AWE's) including sanctuaries, and how many were puppy farms.
6. How many animals were seized during the above actions and removed from the premises, please breakdown animal by type, that is, dogs, cats, horses, paying particular reference to dogs.
7. How many animals paying specific reference to dogs were euthanised 'on site' during the above actions.
8. How many of those animals euthanised on site during the above actions were euthanised due to welfare issues, deemed too dangerous/difficult to handle, or to transport, with specific reference to dogs. Please state any other reasons for euthanasia with numbers, with specific reference to dogs.
9. How many animals which were seized, specifically dogs, and were later euthanised due welfare issues, too difficult to handle/aggressive, or any other reason.
10. Please provide a breakdown of dogs by breed of those euthanised if known, for example, German Shepherd, Jack Russell, and so on. Or by size, small, medium, large dogs if known.
11. If this information is not held by you, please indicate which council should be contacted for assistance.
Please provide the information in the form of an email.
Hastings Borough Council holds no information in respect of this request.
This area is dealt with by East Sussex County Council Trading Standards, please visit their website for further information:
Freedom of Information