FOI request (FOIR-514850586)
Electric Vehicle Charging points
Requested Thu 11 May 2023
Responded Fri 19 May 2023
I am e-mailing you under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. I am seeking information relating to On-Street Residential Charging for electric vehicles (EVs) and plug-in hybrid vehicles (PHEVs).
On-Street Residential Charging or ChargePoints are classified as on-street ChargePoints in residential streets where off-street parking is not available.
If the request proves too broad, or exceeds the allocated time allowance for an FOI request, could you please focus on questions 1 to 5 as a priority, and let me know? In particular, I am seeking the following information:
1. How many public charging outlets or ChargePoints for electric or plug-in hybrid vehicles have you installed to date in your local authority? Please provide figures to the nearest possible date and include the month and the year the figures correspond to.
2. For Question 1, how many of the public charging outlets or ChargePoints are those classed as On-Street Residential ChargePoints, located on-street in residential streets or areas?
3. How many public charging outlets or ChargePoints for electric or plug-in hybrid vehicles do you plan to install in the current fiscal year or the current calendar year? Please provide figures to whichever timeframe corresponds with your reporting.
4. For Question 3, how many of the planned public charging outlets or ChargePoints are classed as On-Street Residential ChargePoints, to be installed in on-street residential areas?
5. Do you have a published strategy for On-Street Residential charging infrastructure?
6. Do you have a dedicated Policy Officer (or equivalent) responsible for your electric vehicle charging infrastructure?
7. Has your local authority submitted an application or multiple applications for the On-Street Residential ChargePoint Scheme (ORCS)?
8. If 'yes' to Question7, how much funding has the local authority applied for in total? The figures can include funding yet to be received.
1. 21 EV units installed in car parks. 6 were installed in July 2020, the other 15 were commissioned in December 2021.
2. These are all publicly available but not classed as on street residential ChargePoints - they were funded by different funding streams.
3. No current plans but always open to looking at funding as it becomes available.
4. Not applicable
5. No, but we have https://www.hastings.gov.uk/my-council/climate-change
It should be noted that East Sussex County Council (ESCC) is the most appropriate authority to ask about on street EV charging and they are currently reviewing this and applying for funding. Please visit their website for further information:
7. No, but ESCC has.
8. Not applicable
Freedom of Information