FOI request (FOIR-500595699)
Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) safety
Requested Fri 24 March 2023
Responded Wed 05 April 2023
We are currently undertaking some research into Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) safety standards in the mobile catering sector and are looking to provide some training assistance to support mobile caterers and regulators to understand the safe set up and use of LPG.
We would like to understand how well mobile LPG safety is currently understood and supported by local authorities, so we are contacting all local authorities across the UK to request the following information.
Please note that these questions are focused on local authority Environmental Health services and are relevant to gas and mobile LPG safety.
Please confirm the following:
1. Has the Environmental Health service undertaken specific training on gas safety in the last 5 years? If so, please include some brief details of the training that has been undertaken.
2. How many officers were required to attend this training?
3. Who was this training provided by and what was their relevant qualification/competency?
4. Did this training include mobile LPG safety? If so, please include some brief details.
5. In the last 5 years has the Environmental Health service requested technical support from the Gas Safe Register to support with a gas safety enforcement matter?
6. Did any of these requests for support specifically relate to mobile LPG? If so, please include some brief details and the outcomes of this.
7. In the last 5 years has the Environmental Health service undertaken any enforcement action specifically in relation to LPG in mobile catering in the last 5 years? If so, please include some brief details of this.
8. Does your authority employ anyone with a formal gas safety qualification, for example, a Gas Safe Registered Engineer, who they consult on in relation to gas safety matters including mobile LPG? Please include details of their qualification.
The Freedom of Information Act is based on recorded information held by a local authority.
You are not requesting recorded information but asking questions relating to Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) which falls outside the remit of the Act.
Freedom of Information