FOI request (FOIR-472066025)
Requested Thu 15 December 2022
Responded Tue 20 December 2022
Please could you provide the following information regarding your local authority:
1. How many of your social housing units are accessible and adaptable dwellings M4(2) or wheelchair user dwellings M4(3) as of December 2022?
2. How many people are on your waiting list for an accessible and adaptable dwelling M4(2) or a wheelchair user dwelling M4(3)?
3. What is the average waiting time for tenants requiring an accessible and adaptable dwelling M4(2) or a wheelchair user dwelling M4(3)?
4. If the information in questions 1 to 3 is broken down into accessible and adaptable dwelling M4(2) and wheelchair user dwellings M4(3), please could this breakdown be provided?
5. How many social housing units does your council have in total (flats or houses)?
Q1. Hastings Borough Council has 6 social housing units, none of which are accessible, adaptable or wheelchair users. We also have 26 temporary accommodation units, of which only one is adaptable, none are accessible or for wheelchair users. Most of the social housing in Hastings is owned and managed by Optivo and Orbit.
- Mobility Level 1 - Typically suitable for a person who uses a wheelchair full time, indoors and outdoors. The property will provide full wheelchair access throughout = 27 x households
- Mobility Level 2 - Typically suitable to a person with restricted walking ability and for those that may need to use a wheelchair for some of the time. The property will have internal and external level or ramped access, but some parts of the property may not be fully wheelchair accessible = 37 x households
- Mobility Level 3 - Typically suitable for a person able to manage two or three steps, but unable to manage steep gradients. The property may have adaptations to assist people with limited mobility = 245 x households
Q3. The average wait time for properties let during 2022 for:
- Mobility Level 1 - 1x households = average waiting time was 238 days
- Mobility Level 2 - 2x households = average waiting time was 1393 days
- Mobility Level 3 - 20x households = average waiting time was 669 days
Q4. See information above
Q5. Of the 32 properties referred to in Q1 above:
- 6x social housing units are all flats
- 26x temporary accommodation units are mixture of flats and houses
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.