FOI request (FOIR-469091608)
LA homeless data
Requested Thu 01 December 2022
Responded Fri 23 December 2022
Please may I request the following information for your local authority area:
1. Any data collected on who turns down support offered by local authority outreach teams. This could include demographic/circumstantial information (that is, why they refuse/where they are staying) on who disengages and the number of people.
2. Any data collected on people who stay in squats, including the number of people who are arrested or cautioned for squatting in the local authority.
3. Any data collected on people residing in unconventional accommodation types such as temporary structures.
4. A breakdown of where people are counted in local rough sleeping snapshots (for example, cars, sheds, doorways).
5. Data collected on the number of people staying in overcrowded and concealed households and any accompanying demographic information such as sex, age, ethnicity.
6. Data collected on the number of people who 'sofa surf' or stay temporarily in the homes of others.
1. Based on 07/12/2022 verified rough sleepers, there are 5 rough sleepers who do not currently engage and one who does but only wants to move into permanent accommodation.
2. Information not held, please contact Sussex Police for this information:
3. Based on 07/12/2022 verified rough sleepers - 4 in tents, 3 in caravans, we also have one in a shack he has built, and people in the seafront shelters.
4. Based on 07/12/2022 verified rough sleepers - tents, doorways, caravans, cars, parks, outside railway station, behind buildings.
5. 'Overcrowded' and 'concealed households' are not 'reasons' for presenting as homelessness. For data on homelessness please see tables on .gov.uk website at:
We can provide the number of households currently on our housing register for the following band reasons:
• Households lacking one bedroom = 278x households
• Lacking two or more bedrooms = 50x households
There is also data on overcrowding in our Stock Condition Survey 2016, which can be viewed at:
6. For data on homelessness, please see tables on .gov.uk website at:
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.