FOI request (FOIR-458328526)
S.106 Financial contributions
Requested Thu 13 October 2022
Responded Tue 13 December 2022
In accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000, I would like to formally make a request regarding S.106 agreements that were signed between January 2000 and December 2015.
Therefore, please can you provide the following information:
1. the date the agreement was signed along with the corresponding planning reference,
2. list all contributions and their intended purpose,
3. the dates of when all and any contributions were received by the council,
4. the project name and details to which any contributions were allocated, expended or committed,
5. the total amount allocated, expended or committed per contribution and the date this was done,
6. the total amount that remains unspent and/or unallocated per contribution,
7. please confirm whether the contribution monies, either in whole or part, were held in an interest bearing account,
8. name of the party/parties that paid the contribution,
9. name of the party/parties that have been repaid and when,
10. all council spreadsheets that contain the requested information, and
11. finally, please include either copies of the s.106 agreements or live links to where the agreements can be found.
Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.
1. Please see attached spreadsheet.
2. Please see attached spreadsheet.
3. Please see attached spreadsheet. Years are recorded for amounts received not dates.
4. Please see attached spreadsheet.
5. Please see attached spreadsheet.
6. Please see attached spreadsheet.
7. Monies are held in the general account. Normal interest rates will apply.
8. Information not held. The data is too old.
9. No repayments have been due or have been made.
10. Please see attached spreadsheet.
Please see attached report which covers the historic records of Planning Obligations established through Section 106 (s106) or Unilateral Undertakings (UU) signed between 01 January 2000 and 31 December 2015 held on the Development Management system. This data should not be used on its own but in conjunction with the information supplied in the attached spreadsheet and the s106 themselves which can be found on our website.
Some of the applications shown on the attached report will be superseded of have lapsed and so they will not have a payment listed against them. The spreadsheets supplied should be relied upon to confirm any payments made alongside the Infrastructure Funding Statements which can be found on our website at:
These Infrastructure Funding Statement documents confirm the amount remaining, outstanding and allocated expenditure for s106 payments, some of which are included in the attached list.
https://www.hastings.gov.uk/planning/searching/ will give you the background information you need about searching for planning applications. You can then choose the option to 'view planning applications' which you will find at the top of the right hand side of this page under the magnifying glass symbol. Once you are on the search page just enter each application number exactly as they are written in the attachment into the keyword box on the search screen.
All planning applications relating to that reference number should appear, ignore those that relate to any conditions which have been discharged and choose the main application by clicking on the description of development. From there you need to click on the 'documents' tab. This will take you to the documents held on the case where you will be able to find the S106/Legal Agreement relating to the planning permission. You can sort the date order so the most recent appears first and you should find the Legal Agreements at or near the top of the documents shown. To open the document click on the document symbol to the right hand side in the 'View' column.
Freedom of Information