FOI request (FOIR-451249477)
Expenditure on equality, diversity, and inclusivity.
Requested Tue 13 September 2022
Responded Fri 23 September 2022
I wish to make an FOI request, as set out under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
1. The number of roles in your association (expressed in numbers of FTE), that are mainly or exclusively focussed on issues of equality, diversity, or inclusivity. For example, this could include (amongst other guises) 'EDI officers' or 'diversity and inclusion project managers' but would not include general HR managers.
2. Either (a) the pay band of each of these roles, or (b) the combined total salaries for these roles. Whichever measure is more in accordance with your data preferences.
3. In the past 12 months the number of staff days across your organisation which have been committed to attending equality training programmes, whether internally run or with external consultants (staff days = duration of the training programme multiplied by the number of staff in attendance for the course).
4. The contractual cost of any consultants hired, in the past twelve months, to provide any external training or advice on issues of diversity, equality, or inclusivity.
5. In the past twelve months, the number of staff days committed to attending conferences relating mainly or exclusively to matters of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (duration of conference multiplied by the number of staff in attendance).
6. The costs of attending these conferences.
7. Membership costs the organisation pays for participation in equality charters such as the Stonewall Equality Champions, or Diversity and Inclusion Workplace champions.
1. There are no roles within Hastings Borough Council that are specifically focussed on issues of equality, diversity or inclusivity.
2. Not applicable.
3. Equality and Diversity courses are contained within our e-learning courses and each new member of staff is required to carry out this training when they join the Council and to refresh their training as and when necessary. We do not hold specific information of timings as these courses are done by individuals and can take differing amounts of time, depending on the individual.
4. No external training in respect of diversity, equality or inclusivity has taken place.
5. No conferences have been attended.
6. Not applicable.
Freedom of Information