FOI request (FOIR-443755686)
Noise Abatement Domestic Generators
Requested Thu 11 August 2022
Responded Wed 24 August 2022
Please provide all information held for all periods relating to the following within your area and/or county.
1. How many noise abatement notices including fines have been issued and on which dates and to which offenders, include wardens-owners and so on relating to static caravan sites, both residential, holiday and mixed use.
2. Please provide the decibel levels allowed by law for portable generators used in domestic settings not on building construction sites and so on. Include daylight and night-time hours within a 24 hour period and for which days of the week and weekend.
3. Provide the name of the departments authorised to deal with noise and/or nuisance pollution (exclude mediation services unless funded by the council).
4. List all licensed static caravan sites (including where a resident warden is present) and confirm whether for residential, holiday or mixed use.
5. List all static caravan parks granted a license to use portable generators include diesel, petrol, and alleged 'silent generators' and include any conditions attached to the license; such as the duration, purpose (that is, industrial farming and so on) provide the name of the person licensed.
6. Please include all within areas of outstanding natural beauty and include all agencies that also have a duty to protect wildlife and the environment.
2. There are no prescribed decibels levels set in legislation for the prevention of nuisance in relation to portable generators on static caravan sites. However, under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 noise that is considered unreasonable and causes substantial interference in the use and enjoyment of a person's property may be class as a statutory nuisance.
3. Environmental Health and Licensing Team
All caravan sites licences are available on the public register via our internet:
4. We only have "Holiday" parks which are:
Combe Haven Holiday Park, Harley Shute Road, St Leonards-on-sea, East Sussex, TN38 8BZ
Spindlewood Country Club, Spindlewood Country Holiday Park, Rock Lane, Hastings, East Sussex, TN35 4JN
Rocklands Caravan Park, Rocklands Holiday Park, Rocklands Lane, Hastings, East Sussex, TN35 5DY
Shearbarn Holiday Park, Barley Lane, Hastings, East Sussex, TN35 5DX
Stalkhurst, Stalkhurst Caravan Park, Ivyhouse Lane, Hastings, East Sussex, TN35 4NN
5. Information not held, this is not a requirement of the licence.
6. Rocklands, Spindlewood, Shearbarn and Stalkhurst sites are in High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. With regard to information relating to other agencies, this is not held.
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.