FOI request (FOIR-432453513)
Requested Mon 27 June 2022
Responded Thu 14 July 2022
Please provide me with the following information:
1. How do you ensure departments do not keep electronic files which are past their retention period?
2. How do you monitor network storage across your Council to ensure electronic files have not been retained outside their retention schedule?
3. How do you identify employees whose files take up the most space and analyse whether they are within their storage quotas?
4. How do you identify files that have been retained outside their retention periods?
5. Does your Council use a file archiving solution? If so, please state the solution/product name.
6. Does your Council use a file analysis solution? If so, please state the solution/product name.
7. How does your Council manage large media files(large images files, videos files) on your network?
8. Do you allocate personal storage drives to employees? If so, please state the storage quota limit (for example, 10-20GB).
Please attach any policies or procedures related to the management of electronic files only.
1. Our back office systems have archiving procedures.
2. Please see (1).
3. We do not use storage quotas.
4. Please see (1).
5. Please see (1).
7. We do not manage them.
8. Yes, 1TB by default.
Freedom of Information