FOI request (FOIR-428343940)
Requested Thu 09 June 2022
Responded Wed 06 July 2022
I am seeking the housing benefit paid for such accommodation, broken down into housing benefit, and to include service charges as outlined below./p>
Exempt accommodation is defined as: "1) 'Exempt accommodation' is a term used in Housing Benefit and Universal Credit to describe supported accommodation where the rules that normally limit the amount of rent covered by a benefit award do not apply. The usual meaning of 'exempt accommodation' is where the accommodation is provided by a landlord in the social or voluntary sector and the benefit claimant is provided with care, support or supervision by the landlord or by someone acting on the landlord's behalf. A claimant occupying exempt accommodation does not have their housing benefit restricted to local housing allowance."
Please can you disclose the following:
1. details of the lowest awarded eligible core rent.
2. details of the highest awarded eligible core rent.
3. details of the lowest awarded gross eligible rent (that is, inclusive of the core rent and the eligible service charges).
4. details of the highest awarded gross eligible rent (that is, inclusive of the core rent and the eligible service charges).
5. Please confirm the names of exempt accommodation providers in your area. Please name the providers/landlords who currently hold exempt accommodation status in respect of any of their residents.
1. Lowest Core Rent - £78.89 per week
2. Highest Core Rent - £147.45 per week
3. Lowest gross eligible rent - £100.22 per week
4. Highest gross eligible rent - £287.52 per week
5. Landlords: Abbeyfield, Southdowns, Aspens, Brighton Housing Trust, Mencap, Salvation Army Housing Association, Sanctuary Housing Association, Southdown Housing Association, YMCA, Transom Trust, Nacro Bass and Emmaus
Freedom of Information