FOI request (FOIR-427542510)
Housing Waiting List
Requested Mon 06 June 2022
Responded Tue 28 June 2022
This request relates to the authority's Housing Waiting List.
1. How many households were removed from the Housing Waiting List in 2021 (or the last full calendar year where figures are available)?
2. Please provide a list of the reasons given for the removal from the list?
3. How many households were removed from the list because of death?
4. How many households have been on the list for:
a. between five years and ten years
b. ten years or more
5. With regards to households that have been on the list the longest, how long have they been on the list?
1. 871 households were removed.
Question 2 and Question 3 - Refused
The information requested in respect of Q2 and Q3 would require us to manually inspect 871 customer records, this would far exceed the time limit set out by the Information Commissioner therefore under S12 of the Freedom of information Act 2000 provides an exemption from the obligation to comply with a request for information if the estimated costs of complying with that request would exceed the prescribed appropriate limit.
We estimate that the costs of complying with your request would exceed the appropriate limit by a significant amount.
For this reason we feel unable to comply with this request, however I can advise relating to Q2 that most would have been 'removed' due to not providing their supporting documents for their application; and customer failing to complete their Annual Review.
4a. Of the 1294 households currently on the Housing waiting list, 182 households have been on the list between five years and ten years.
4b. Of the 1294 households currently on the Housing waiting list, 23 households have been on the list more than ten years.
5. The longest household currently on the Housing waiting list is 16 years.
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.