FOI request (FOIR-421083047)
Household Support Fund
Requested Tue 10 May 2022
Responded Tue 17 May 2022
I would like to make a request under the Freedom of Information Act.
Could you please release to me any or all of the following information:
1. How much did your local authority spend, or commit, of its Household Support Fund allocation in the period 6 October 2021 to 31 March 2022?
2. As of 1 April 2022, how much of your HSF allocation intended for the period 6 October 2021 to 31 March 2022 remained unspent or uncommitted?
3. What happened to any unspent or uncommitted funding on 1 April 2022?
4. How much of the HSF allocation intended for the period 1 April 2022 to 30 September 2022 have you already spent or committed?
5. How much of the HSF allocation intended for the period 1 April 2022 to 30 September 2022 have you yet to spend or commit?
1. In 2021 East Sussex County Council allocated £285,000 to Hastings Borough Council (HBC) in respect of the Household Support Fund (HSF). The allocation included an agreed amount to be retained by HBC for the cost of administering the fund.
The amount of funding actually paid to HSF applicants totalled £261,572.28.
3. Not applicable, as none of the fund was remaining.
5. Hastings Borough Council has been allocated £412,280 of which 12% is to be used for HBC's administration costs. The remaining amount will be made available to HSF applicants.
Freedom of Information