FOI request (FOIR-412668690)
Query regarding enforcement of no cycling byelaw and new byelaw
Requested Fri 01 April 2022
Responded Fri 08 April 2022
There is a no cycling byelaw applicable to Alexandra Park. This has been in place since about 1865.
Please provide the following statistics:
1. Since records held by HBC began please advise how many cyclists have been requested to dismount in the park.
2. Since records began please advise how many cyclists have been fined.
3. Please also break down these figures by month and by year.
4. As regards to the proposed new byelaw. Council documentation states that the shared cycle path will be monitored, but only at certain times. As I am concerned already about this route being dreadfully dangerous please advise what times of day you intend on enforcing safety.
5. Since the beginning of 2013 can you please advise the annual number of complaints you have received from any source regarding cycling or e-scooters in Alexandra park?
1. No information held
2. No Information held
3. No information held
4. Details of monitoring have not been agreed.
2013 - None
2014 - None
2015 - None
2016 - None
2017 - None
2018 - One received
2019 - Two received
2020 - None
2021 - Two received
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.