FOI request (FOIR-401202759)
Accommodation Deaths 2021
Requested Tue 15 February 2022
Responded Wed 02 March 2022
Please can I request the number of deaths from 1st January 2021 - 31st December 2021 (inclusive) in each of the following housing situations in your local authority area:
1. accommodation for homeless people commissioned by your council, including hostels and supported accommodation for people identified as rough sleeping or with a history of rough sleeping
2. temporary accommodation commissioned by your local authority
3. supported accommodation for homeless young people commissioned by your council
4. rough sleeping or with no fixed abode
Where you have access to any of the following information, please include the cause of death or suspected cause of death, date of death, the person's gender, the person's age when they died, their ethnicity, and their immigration status.
Please provide the information in the Excel document attached.
1. 1 death: male aged 49. No cause of death yet recorded. UK national, white British.
2. 2 deaths: male aged 70. Suspected infection was the cause of death. UK national, white British. male aged 37, cause of death not known, UK national, white British.
3. Hastings Borough Council does not commission supported accommodation, we only make referrals to them. Please contact East Sussex County Council for this information: https://www.eastsussex.gov.uk
4. None reported
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.