FOI request (FOIR-395819655)
How your authority reports on its performance
Requested Tue 25 January 2022
Responded Thu 03 February 2022
Please may you provide me with information on how your authority reports on its performance. Please provide written responses below each of the questions listed below (definitions have also been included below the questions):
1. How do you report performance to residents?
2. Do you have a Performance Management Handbook*?
3. What budget do you have allocated towards your performance management* initiatives per annum?
4. How many hours are spent on performance management* reporting each month?
5. Which applications or systems do you use to manage Performance Management*?
6. Do you report departmental performance separately or in a different way?
7. Do you benchmark or baseline your authority's performance with other similar authorities?
8. Can you evidence improvements to your services based on historical performance management* reporting?
Performance management*: Performance Management is about the practical ways that a council can improve what it does and, more importantly, what it delivers, in terms of good quality services that meet the needs of local people. Performance management is acting in response to actual performance to make outcomes for users and the public better than they would otherwise be.
Performance Management Handbook*: A Performance Management Handbook sets out what a council does to; plan activity, monitor, report and improve performance, in relation to the services they deliver, and linked to the aims and objectives of the corporate plan.
1. This information is available on our website via the following link:
2. This information is available on our website via the following link:
3. 0.5 FTE.
4. Performance reporting is completed quarterly. Managers from across the council submit performance information that is considered internally by the senior management and then reported publicly via our website link above and monitored by our Overview and Scrutiny committee quarterly:
6. All part of the same process.
7. We align our performance target setting where appropriate to LG Inform.
8. Yes we can and do track performance improvements.
Freedom of Information