FOI request (FOIR-390249266)
Sampling of Food (Honey)
Requested Wed 05 January 2022
Responded Tue 11 January 2022
Under the Freedom of Information Act I would like to enquire as follows:
1. How many honey samples has your Authority taken in the past few years?
2. if samples were taken, then:
a. How many were formal and how many were informal?
b. Was this part of a programme or a one off?
c. Did the results of analysis lead to further action, if so, briefly what (investigation, prosecution, and so on)?
3. If no samples were taken, then in the light of the current concerns about 'Honey Fraud', are you planning to undertake any sampling of honey in the future?
4. Is sampling planned in the future?
5. Are there any baulks to sampling (financial, staffing, and so on)?
2. Not applicable.
3. If we were required to do so.
4. If we were required to do so.
5. At present, public health priorities and COVID-19 enforcement are the main mandatory focus.
Freedom of Information