FOI request (FOIR-390149483)
Council Green Initiatives
Requested Tue 04 January 2022
Responded Tue 11 January 2022
I would like to request the following information about any eco-friendly steps your council is currently taking to reduce their carbon footprint on the planet and improve sustainable development within the area:
1. Does the council take any of its energy from on-site renewable energy installations? If so, which ones?
2. Are there any eco-friendly initiatives for staff members to partake in? For example, green transport solutions, recycling initiatives. If so, please state them.
3. Who is the main energy supplier for local council buildings, and are you on a green/renewable energy tariff with them?
1. Yes, our main office location Muriel Matters House has solar panels on its roof, all of the energy produced from the panels is used on site.
2. Yes, when working at the office, glass, plastic bottles, paper, cardboard and cans, and so on, can be recycled. Staff are encourage to walk and cycle to work whenever possible (when we are not working from home).
3. The electricity supply for the council's buildings is a green energy supplier, Ecotricity.
Freedom of Information