FOI request (FOIR-373818415)
Antisocial Behaviour complaints
Requested Tue 26 October 2021
Responded Tue 21 December 2021
1. What is the total number of formal complaints registered with your council for antisocial behaviour in the years since 2010? Please provide a breakdown of the type of incidents registered.
2. How many of the formal complaints noted above did your council actively go on to investigate? Please provide a breakdown of the type of incidents investigated.
3. Of all incidents investigated, in how many instances was further action taken? Please provide a breakdown of the type of incidents for which action was taken.
4. How many community trigger case review applications have been received by your council since the introduction of community triggers?
5. How many of such case review applications have been actioned, in the years since the introduction of community triggers?
6. Is there an average cost for carrying out a community trigger case review?
Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.
Q1 - Anti-social behaviour (ASB) complaints under Community Safety from 1 January 2010 until today's date:
Total 137 - 2 noise, 20 street drinking, 115 nuisance behaviour
ASB complaints under Environmental Health from 1 January 2010 until today's date:
Total 44 - 2 nuisance behaviour, 42 anti-social
Q2 - For ASB complaints under Community Safety there were 7 closed with the code 'complaint investigated' and 4 closed with the code 'visit made'.
For ASB under EH - 6 complaints were closed with the code 'complaint investigated'.
Q3 - Cases closed as 'investigated' do not always lead on to further action. It may be that it was investigated but deemed not to be ASB therefore referred to another department under different legislation or that breakdown in communications means the investigation cannot be completed fully.
Out of 7 complaints under ASB community safety closed with the code 'complaint investigated' - 2 show a liaison was completed against a nuisance behaviour complaint. 1 shows a crime prevention report was written against a nuisance behaviour complaint and 4 have no further information.
Out of 6 complaints under EH closed as 'investigated' - 1 was sent a nuisance diary to complete but was not returned against an anti-social complaint, 1 was followed up with emails but did not fall under EH/ASB against an anti-social complaint, 4 were followed up with emails and/or site visit but complaints inevitably were closed following lack of communication from complainant.
Q4 - Since 2014 there have been 3 successful community trigger requests and 3 unsuccessful requests.
Q5 - See 4.
Q6 - This information is not available as the successful triggers required officer action time from RSLs, Police and the Council.
Freedom of Information