FOI request (FOIR-372064591)
Local welfare assistance provision
Requested Mon 18 October 2021
Responded Thu 20 January 2022
In a recent FOI request to East Sussex County Council, we asked how much they spent on local welfare assistance, (LWA), in 2020/20, they answered: "£123,211 (payments to district and borough councils", indicating that the provision of LWA is provided by district councils in East Sussex.
Based on their answer, we would like to kindly ask you to ask you the following information:
- How much did you receive from East Sussex County Council for the provision of local welfare assistance in 2020/21?
- Was this funding used to operate a specific welfare assistance scheme? If no, please proceed to Q3.
- What is the name of the scheme?
- Do you provide grants (cash or in-kind) to members of the public through this specific scheme?
- Is it open to a member of the public to apply?
- How many grants (cash or in-kind) were awarded 2020/21?
- How much did you spend on the scheme in 2020/21?
- What percentage of your overall spend went on the provision of furniture and white goods?
- Do you plan to continue this scheme in 2021/22?
- If this funding was not used to operate a specific local welfare assistance scheme, please provide us a brief explanation of how this money was spent.
- Is any of this funding distributed to third party organisations? If yes, please specify what type of organisation they are, e.g., a foodbank etc.
- What percentage of this spend went on furniture and/or appliances?
Please provide approximations if you do not know exact amounts.
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to help us with our request.
Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.
Hastings Borough Council has not received any money from East Sussex County Council for the provision of local assistance in 2020/21.
Freedom of Information