FOI request (FOIR-370690248)
Provisions for the Deaf Community
Requested Tue 12 October 2021
Responded Wed 10 November 2021
Involve Interpreter provides high quality virtualised British Sign Language Translation Services for any size of organisation. We support a wide range of sectors including local authorities, public sector, health, education and commercial. We also provide accessibility support to individuals. We have our own dedicated team of employed interpreters and language professionals experienced in delivering high quality support in both general and specialist areas. For local authorities in particular, we provide BSL video based translations for any digital content and messaging you want to make accessible to the Deaf Community.
If you could help us in providing the following information, it would be most appreciated:
1. Do you provide community information videos which are accessible to British Sign Language users or the Deaf Community in general?
2. What is the name, job title, department and email address of the individual responsible for this?
3. Do you provide communication support for Deaf Employees?
4. What is the name, job title, department and email address of the individual responsible for this?
1. Hastings Borough Council does not use community information videos. We do however use an interpreting service which covers the whole of East Sussex.
2. Translation and Interpreting Service - https://www.eastsussex.gov.uk
3. N/A - Hastings Borough Council currently has no deaf employees but we would provide communication support if we had.
Freedom of Information