FOI request (FOIR-354214331)
General Enforcement in the PRS
Requested Wed 04 August 2021
Responded Thu 12 August 2021
Please provide the answer to each question for 2018/19, 2019/20, 2020/21.
1. The number of complaints received per year by tenants relating to private rented sector housing.
2. The number of complaints received per year by tenants relating to social housing.
3. The number of Housing, Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) inspections carried out per year.
4. The total number of formal enforcement notices served: Hazard Awareness Notices served on private rented sector (PRS) properties.
5. How many improvement notices have been served in relation to Category 1 and/or Category 2 hazards on PRS properties. If possible, please list the total number of Improvement Notices served exclusively because of category 1 hazards.
6. The total number of formal enforcement notices served: Overcrowding Notice (Housing Act 2004 Part 2) on properties in the PRS.
7. The total number of formal enforcement notices served: Prohibition Orders served on PRS properties.
8. The total number of formal enforcement notices served: Emergency Remedial Action on PRS properties.
9. The total number of prosecutions (excluding Civil Penalties) commenced on the above formal notices for each year.
Q1 and Q3 to Q9 - see attached spreadsheet.
Q2 - complaints are not categorised against PRS or Social Housing so we cannot report on this. However the amount of complaints received regarding social housing is very small as they have their own reporting and complaints procedure (tenants report complaints to their own Registered Provider. The two biggest Registered Providers in the borough are Orbit and Optivo).
Hastings Council does not have its own housing stock.
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.