FOI request (FOIR-348924905)
Maintenance of parks
Requested Tue 13 July 2021
Responded Wed 21 July 2021
May I please request, under the Freedom of Information Act, the following information:
1. Whether the maintenance of parks, gardens, and grass verges in your council is carried out by council or sub contracted employees?
2. Whether the trade recycle waste collection is carried out by council or sub contracted employees?
3. Whether maintenance/repair of waste vehicle fleet is carried out by council or sub contracted employees?
1. The maintenance of our parks and gardens is tendered out to the council's contractors. The grass verges is not the responsibility of Hastings Borough Council - it is East Sussex County Council and tendered out to their contractors: www.eastsussex.gov.uk
2. Hastings Borough Council does not provide a trade recycling scheme, we only provide domestic.
3. Our waste sub contractor is Biffa. We do not hold any information for their vehicle maintenance. For clarification Hastings Borough Council does not operate any vehicle maintenance in house.
Freedom of Information