FOI request (FOIR-337813787)
Planning and human rights 1
Requested Wed 26 May 2021
Responded Thu 17 June 2021
1. For each and every year calendar from 1998 to present records on how many objections to planning applications which have received any objection that either references or cites the Human Rights Act 1998. And the number of these application approved, withdrawn and refused. And the number of those refusals where the refusal decision has been at least part in relation to the Human Rights Act 1998.
2. A list of all planning application reference numbers for applications refused with the local authority has cited the Human Rights Act 1998 and or the European Convention on Human Rights.
3. Any internal memo, file note, email, meeting minute that refers to 'serious nuisance' in relation to a planning application refusal in the past 5 years.
4. A list of all planning applications refused in which the refusal was based at least in part to a reason in relation to Article 1 of Protocol 1 European Convention of Human Rights.
5. A list of all planning application refused in which the refusal was based on at least in part to a reason in relation to Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights.
6. Any records on training received by local authority employees working in planning on application of the Human Rights Act 1999 between 1998 - present.
7. Any internal communications advice, memos, meeting minutes that relate the local authorities approach and implementation of the Human Rights Act 1998 regarding planning matters.
8. A list of all planning applications in the local authority that have had intervention from the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government and copes of all correspondence to and from them.
9. The percentage of prior approval planning applications approved in each of the past 5 years.
10. A list of all properties considered as light industrial planning use within 1000m of TN37 6AP.
1 - 5. No information held other than information available to view through public access: https://www.hastings.gov.uk/planning/searching/
6. We do not have any record of specific courses being taken relating to the Human Rights Act 1998. Our records do not go back as far as 1998.
7. Information not held
8. No information held other than information available to view through public access: https://www.hastings.gov.uk/planning/searching/
2016 - 67%
2017 - 80%
2018 - 88%
2019 - 100%
2020 - 80%
10. No information held other than information available to view through public access: https://www.hastings.gov.uk/planning/searching/
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.