FOI request (FOIR-337812658)
Historic Photographs and Aerial Photographs - TN37 6AP
Requested Wed 26 May 2021
Responded Fri 06 August 2021
I am attempting to research the history of 4 South Street, 5 South Street and 6 South Street - which are located in TN37 6AP. I am keen also to research the site and plots - so going further back to show the full history of the sites these properties now occupy.
I am writing to make a freedom of information request specifically for the following:
1. Any aerial photographs of that capture what TN37 6AP between 1800-presesnt.
2. Any other historic photographs that capture the South Street (and nearby streets such as cross street) historically - and any other photographs that pre-date the buildings.
3. Any records that relate to the historic slum clearances in the locality.
4. Any records if held on any blacksmith type businesses in the locality - we believe may have been at the 4,5,6 South Street locality.
5. Any records that might explain why the building known today (although the names differ historically I understand) as 5 and 6 South Street was not demolished during the slum clearance.
6. Any historic or current photographs of the former scrap yard at 4 South Street and its immediate surrounds.
7. Any and all historic and current records on the Crystal Maze car park.
8. Any historic ordinance survey maps, conservation area, planning maps or any other maps historically that show what is now TN37 6AP.
9. Any copies of any historic title deeds or other documentation that might relate to ownership or rental of 4 South Street, 5 South Street and 6 South Street.
Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.
Hastings Borough Council holds no information in respect of this request.
We have checked the collections database at Hastings Museum. However, nothing of relevance is showing.
If you would like to check the Local Studies Room, you can book a two-hour session to access the local studies collection for your research on Wednesdays, 10.30am-12.30pm or 2-4pm. You can book through the museums website at http://www.hmag.org.uk/collections/research/ or by calling the Museum during opening hours on 01424 451052.
Alternatively, many records are now kept on a County-wide basis at the County Record Office - The Keep at Falmer (https://www.thekeep.info/).
Hastings Library may also have some of the information that is being sought:
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.