FOI request (FOIR-337137785)
Herbicides and Pesticides
Requested Mon 24 May 2021
Responded Thu 10 June 2021
Following the protest by HBC councillors against the use of Glyphosate on our pavements by ESCC:
Please supply, under Environmental Information Regulations (EIR), details of what herbicides and pesticides HBC and its sub-contractors use on any land that is under the control of HBC. Please specify the name of the herbicide/pesticide, the area it is used on and the reason it is used.
1. Round up Proactive - Used for the treatment of Japanese Knotweed
2. Kotuna Gold - Non herbicide - treatment of weed
3. Qualgex - Treatment of moss in grassed areas (Bowling Greens) and hard standing areas
4. Wet and Forget - Treatment of moss hard standing areas only
5. Crossbar - Selective herbicide for sports pitches and bowling greens
6. Chikara - Residual treatment of pre-emergent weeds in borders
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.