FOI request (FOIR-311962229)
'Everyone In', 'Protect', 'Protect Plus'
Requested Mon 01 March 2021
Responded Tue 23 March 2021
1. How many people in total has your authority accommodated (for at least one night) under the 'Everyone In', 'Protect' or 'Protect Plus' initiatives since March 2020?
2. Of the total number set out in (1) above, how many people are:
(a) in emergency accommodation;
(b) in settled accommodation;
(c) in supported accommodation;
(d) reconnected with family or friends;
(e) no longer accommodated, having left accommodation without move on accommodation; or
(f) no longer accommodated, (no destination recorded)?
3. Of the total number set out in (1) above, how many people have also been recorded by the authority on the H-CLIC recording system as being owed a prevention or relief duty under the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017?
4. Regarding those not eligible for housing support under the Housing Act 1996, Part 7:
(a) Following the announcement of Everyone In on 26 March 2020, did your authority accommodate people who were ineligible for housing support under that initiative? If so, how many?
(b) Does your authority continue to accommodate people who are ineligible for housing support? If so, how many?
(c) How many people judged to be, or at risk of, sleeping rough have been turned down for housing support since 26th March 2020 because they were judged to be ineligible for housing support?
(d) If your authority no longer, as a matter of policy, accommodates people who are ineligible for housing support, when was that policy decision made and for what reason? Please provide a copy of the decision.
5. Please provide a copy of your authority's most recent rough sleeping 'move on' plan. This is the plan that was requested to be updated by the end of 2020 by the Secretary of State for Housing and Communities in his announcement of 5 November 2020.
Please share your authority's information excluding any information which could be considered personal information under the Data Protection Act 2018.
Q1 = 27, of which 6 people were placed under Protect funding, and 21 (including those who are not former rough sleepers) accommodated under Everyone in funding.
(a) in emergency accommodation = 22
(b) in settled accommodation = 1
(c) in supported accommodation = 2
(d) reconnected with family or friend = 1
(e) no longer accommodated, having left accommodation without move on accommodation = 0
(f) no longer accommodated, (no destination recorded) = 1 (deceased)
Q3 = 22
(a) accommodate people who were ineligible for housing support = 5
(b) continue to accommodate people who are ineligible for housing support = 2
(c) turned down for housing support = 0
(d) We are continuing to offer discretionary temporary accommodation placements to verified rough sleepers and support to find a settled home.
Q5 = see attached 'Delivery Plan (RS)'
Freedom of Information