FOI request (FOIR-307255608)
Carbon Sequestration and Offsetting
Requested Fri 12 February 2021
Responded Mon 22 February 2021
I am a MSc Sustainability and Environmental Management student preparing a strategy for local authorities for my final paper. The aim is to provide strategic direction on carbon sequestration and offsetting to further support climate emergency declarations. Please can you answer the following questions:
1. Has your council declared a climate emergency and produced an action plan/strategy or policy that covers carbon sequestration and offsetting? If yes, please attach a copy of the policy/strategy or provide a link to the online copy.
2. Have you, within your existing or planned strategies/policies, considered carbon sequestration and offsetting? If yes, please outline those plans not included in question 1 or attach a copy or link to an online copy.
3. What forms of carbon sequestration have you considered, and which have you excluded? What was the basis of that decision?
4. How have you or do you plan to quantify the extent of carbon sequestration required to offset your carbon emissions within the council? Please provide any figures and equations you have used. What was the basis for using those figures/equations?
5. Do you as a council or your contractors use any of the offsetting schemes (for example, Woodland Trust) to offset your carbon emissions? If yes, please list those used.
1. Yes, this information is available via the following link:
2. Yes, this information is available via the following link:
3. This is still to be decided and developed.
4. This is not yet decided, please see the work of Sussex Local Nature Partnership via the following link:
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.