FOI request (FOIR-298165224)
Requested Wed 20 January 2021
Responded Fri 29 January 2021
I wish to request, under the Freedom of Information Act, that you supply me with information on:
1. The amount it costs each time residents wish to use council provided tips
2. Your average bin collection rates (success as a percentage)
3. How often on bins are collected
4. The average size (in litres) of your bins
5. How much (in tonnes) your council recycled in the last full year you have information for
6. What percentage of refuse collected by your local authority is recycled (that is does not go to landfill)
1. Information not held - the running of tips is dealt with by East Sussex County Council, please visit their website for further information:
2. Good - less than 100 missed bins a month - we have approximately 270,000 collections a month
3. Weekly and fortnightly
4. 180 refuse, 240 recycling
5. From 1st April 2019 - March 2020, 8300 tonnes garden waste/recycling
6. Waste only goes for incineration which creates energy from waste - sometimes minimal goes to landfill if both of the burners have failed.
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.