FOI request (FOIR-291648308)
Dog Breeding Licences
Requested Tue 05 January 2021
Responded Mon 18 January 2021
Please provide the following information:
1. Number of applications for a new licence in last 12 months.
2. Number of applications for a licence renewals in last 12 months.
3. Number of new licences granted as a result of an application made in the last 12 months.
4. Number of licences renewed as a result of an application made in the last 12 months.
5. If appropriate, grounds on which any licence (new or renewal) was refused.
6. A copy of each dog breeding licence currently issued.
7. Please confirm the number of staff and qualifications of staff employed by each licence holder (for the avoidance of doubt I am not requesting any details of individual staff, just number employed by each licence holder and the qualification(s) held).
8. When applying for a new licence or a renewal which of the following do you require in respect of the animals specified in the licence:
c) Age and/or date of birth
d) Microchip number
f) Date of purchase
9. Where a breeder buys/sells a breeding dog during the period of an issued licence do you require them to notify you of the change at the time of the sale/purchase of the dog or are records only updated at the time of the renewal application?
10. What steps, if any, do you take to ensure that each breeder complies with The Microchipping of Dogs (England) 2015 regulations?
11. Number of staff employed to conduct inspections during last 12 months.
12. Total number of inspections conducted during last 12 months.
13. Number of litters produced (and number of puppies in each litter) by each licence holder.
14. If you keep records of Kennel Club Assured Breeder Scheme members please confirm which licence holders are also members of this scheme.
15. Price charged for new licence.
16. Price charged for renewal of a licence.
17. Has any licence been revoked or suspended in the last 12 months? If so, please provide details of licence holder and reason for revocation or suspension.
18. Number of complaints received in the last 12 months and the name of the licence holder complained about. Where a complaint has resulted in enforcement action please confirm what enforcement action was taken and the name of the licence holder (or refer to answer above if details already provided in relation to revocation or suspension of licence).
8. Breed of dog and age
9. Updated at time of renewal
10. Inspection of all records kept
15. £278 plus vet fees
16. £278 plus vet fees
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.