FOI request (FOIR-255138877)
Records of site visits to Rocklands 2018 and 2019
Requested Tue 29 September 2020
Responded Tue 05 January 2021
During 2018 and 2019 HBC Planning Officers made several visits to Rocklands Caravan Park concerning enforcement issues and planning applications.
Please provide the following:
1. Records of all site visits and site visit notes made by HBC officers during such visits in 2018 and 2019.
2. Copies of all correspondence between Rocklands and HBC relating to these site visits.
Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.
Hastings Borough Council has provided you with site visit information relating to Planning Applications for 2018/2019 previously - please see list below:
15 November 2018 - FOIR-95945450
18 April 2019 - FOIR- 115143747
29 July 2019 - FOIR-133953803
11 September 2019 - FOIR-143074594
In respect of Enforcement issues this information is being refused:
NOTICE OF REFUSAL
Under Environmental Information Regulations the information you have requested relating Rocklands Caravan Park concerning enforcement issues is being refused under Exception 12(5)(b) 'The course of justice and inquiries'.
The course of justice has a wide meaning which includes material covered by Law enforcement, investigations and proceedings.
This exception are subject to a Public Interest Test. This means that a public authority can refuse to disclose information under these exceptions if in all the circumstances of the case the public interest in maintaining the exception outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.
Factors for disclosure:
- Transparency and accountability
Factors against disclosure:
- Protecting information that has been acquired during investigations.
- Correspondence contains confidential information
- The significance and sensitivity of the information
- Consideration of options and the exchange of views within a 'safe space'
- Maintaining the confidentiality of discussions in the interest of good governance and the perceived threat to candour and boldness in the giving of advise
Freedom of Information