FOI request (FOIR-253361747)
Bunker - ENF/20/00076
Requested Thu 24 September 2020
Responded Wed 28 October 2020Please send me the correspondence and documentation known as ENF/20/00076, about Rocklands' reported transgressions. The timespan is April to September this year.
NOTICE OF REFUSAL
Under Environmental Information Regulations the information you have requested relating to ENF/20/00076, about Rocklands' is being refused under Exception 12(5)(b) 'The course of justice and inquiries'.
The course of justice has a wide meaning which includes material covered by Law enforcement, investigations and proceedings.
This exception are subject to a Public Interest Test. This means that a public authority can refuse to disclose information under these exceptions if in all the circumstances of the case the public interest in maintaining the exception outweighs the public interest in disclosing the information.
Factors for disclosure:
- Transparency and accountability
Factors against disclosure:
- Protecting information that has been acquired during investigations.
- Correspondence contains confidential information
- The significance and sensitivity of the information
- Consideration of options and the exchange of views within a 'safe space'
- Maintaining the confidentiality of discussions in the interest of good governance and the perceived threat to candour and boldness in the giving of advise
Freedom of Information