FOI request (FOIR-235048206)
Permitted developed rights and planning law
Requested Tue 04 August 2020
Responded Wed 26 August 2020
1. Does your Local Authority have any Article 4 Directions currently in place for HMOs? (C3 to C4).
2. If the Local Authority does have an Article 4 Direction (C3 to C4) in place, what kind of designation is it? i.e. Borough/City-Wide, single designated area, multiple single designated areas.
3. Has your Local Authority formally consulted/currently consulting/planning to consult in the next/last 12 months on introducing an Article 4 Direction? (C3 to C4).
4. If the Local Authority has formally approved an Article 4 Direction (C3 to C4) in the last 12 months, when does it come into force?
5. What is the best contact email address to contact the planning department to discuss matters relating to planning enquiries and Article 4?
1. In Hastings, we have an Article 4 Direction that came into effect on 2 July 2012 which removes permitted development rights. This means planning permission is required for change of use from a house to a HMO where three to six unrelated people will live.
2. The Article 4 Direction mentioned above covers the whole Borough.
3. No, at time of writing.
More information regarding HMO's can be found on our website at: https://www.hastings.gov.uk/planning/advice/hmo/.
Freedom of Information