FOI request (FOIR-204337682)
Municipal waste collections
Requested Wed 06 May 2020
Responded Fri 15 May 2020
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, I kindly request the following information in the context of domestic waste bin/sack collection services, as opposed to trade/commercial collections or waste disposal.
1. Are you currently in a partnership with other councils for waste IT system operations or procurement? If in a partnership please name the partner councils?
2. Do you currently operate waste services (collections) directly, or through a waste contractor such as Biffa, Suez or Veolia. If through a contractor, please name them.
3. Which of the IT systems below do you use for the management of day to day municipal bin collections:
b. Bartec Collective
c. AMCS Clear
e. Contender/Swift Datapro/Agile
f. Selected Interventions / Echo
g. Core (Suez)
i. Microsoft Excel or similar
j. No IT system
k. Other: [please name]
4. When is your current contract for the IT system OR outsourced waste contract for waste collections management due to expire?
5. Please provide contact information for the service manager responsible for waste collections.
Q1 - Biffa Waste Contact - also joint with Wealden and Rother
Q2 - Biffa
Q3 - (d) Whitespace
Q4 - Joint Waste Contract - July 2026
Assistant Director Environment and Place
Tel: 01424 451055
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.