FOI request (FOIR-180691381)
Work experience placements
Requested Thu 05 March 2020
Responded Fri 20 March 2020
We are in the process of reviewing how the council carries out work experience requests, to help us please may I ask:
1. Do you offer work experience? Yes/no
2. Do you advertise for work experience? Yes/no
3. Do you wait for requests? Yes/no
4. What processes do you use in organising work experience?
5. On average, how long does it take to organise a work experience request?
6. What steps are involved?
7. What is challenging about organising work experience?
1. Yes we do offer work experience
2. No, we do not advertise work experience
3. Yes, we wait for requests
4. When we receive a request we will contact relevant departments to ask if they can accommodate the request.
5. It can take anything between a few days to 2 weeks depending on the availability of managers.
6. The steps are as above - receive a request, email managers to ask if they can help, reply to person requesting the placement.
7. The biggest challenge is having the resources available to look after a work experience placement and having enough work for them to undertake during the placement.
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.