FOI request (FOIR-180246994)
Housing - 16/17 year olds
Requested Wed 04 March 2020
Responded Fri 20 March 2020
I would like to make a request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
I would be grateful if you could complete the three questions below.
A. For the time periods 1st April 2017 to 31st March 2018, and 1st April 2018 to 31st March 2019:
1. The total number of 16/17 year olds accommodated under section 17 of the Children Act (please only include 16/17 year olds accommodated alone, not with their families)
2. Total number of 16/17 year olds accommodated under part 7 of The Housing Act
3. Total number of 16/17 year olds accommodated on another basis apart from section 20 of the Children Act (please specify what basis eg through a supported accommodation pathway)
B. As at 31st March 2018 and 31sst Match 2019, the number housed in accommodation which is not regulated by Ofsted (including independent or semi-independent accommodation or supported accommodation) in each of the following categories:
1. 16/17 year olds accommodated under section 17 of the Children Act (please only include 16/17 year olds accommodated alone, not with their families)
2. 16/17 year olds accommodated under part 7 of The Housing Act
3. 16/17 year olds accommodated on another basis
NB: For both questions a total for the combined number of 16/17 year olds is fine, we do not need this data to be broken down by age.
C. Does your local authority have a written joint protocol on services provided to 16 and 17 year olds by housing and children's services? If yes, please provide us with a copy.
Please see attached documents containing the requested information.
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.