FOI request (FOIR-178088925)
Requested Wed 26 February 2020
Responded Fri 24 April 2020
1. Over the last calendar year (ie 1 Jan to 31 Dec 2019), how much money has been spent by Hastings Council on acoustic (including vibration assessment) consultancy? This should include Environmental Health, planning, corporate health and safety, architecture, design and estates and planning departments,
2. Are consultants used on a fixed term contract or an hourly rate?
3. What type of projects have acoustic consultants been used for?
4. What consultants/companies were used and what was the selection criteria for their appointment?
5. How were the consultants in 1 above procured, ie tendered, belonging to an approved list of contractors or framework consultants?
6. Are the acoustic consultants used on a rolling basis or do these have fixed term contracts?
7. If fixed term contracts for acoustic consultants, when do these expire?
8. Is there an approved supplier list or process used in appointing acoustic consultants?
Please accept my apologies for the delay.
The only approved list of suppliers that the council uses is Constructionline. We do not have an approved supplier list or process used in appointing acoustic consultants. We recommend interested parties register at https://www.sesharedservices.org.uk/esourcing. It is completely free, should take about 15 minutes and is used by all councils in Surrey, East Sussex, West Sussex and Slough Borough Council.
2. Per ad hoc request such as involved planning request.
3. Planning consultations or involved extract ventilation system investigations.
4. ACCON who we have used previously.
5. As for Q4 above.
6. As for Q2.
7. No fixed contract.
8. No, however we would welcome details of any acoustic consultant to ensure we achieve best value for money.
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.