FOI request (FOIR-172790116)
Hastings Country Park Parking revenue
Requested Thu 06 February 2020
Responded Wed 08 April 2020
Can you please provide me with the following information regarding Hastings Country Park Car Parks on Barley Lane and Fairlight:
1. How much revenue is earned per year from each of these locations?
2. Is the money earned ring-fenced for being used to maintain the Country Park or does it just go into the general Borough Council pot for use on any service in Hastings and St Leonards?
3. Why is there a charge for parking at the country park in both these locations?
4. Why is parking not free, especially given how much we want to promote access to green spaces for all? Fairlight is one of those places that people often need to travel to by car given the poor public transport links. Car travel is often also required by the elderly and others who may not be entitled to blue disabled badges.
5. This site has been very poorly maintained and I have seen no works since moving to Hastings over 18 years ago. The only change has been the installation of the parking ticket machines.
Thank you in advance and I look forward to your response.
Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.
Barley Lane Income - £4,073.62
Hastings Country Park Income - £42,912.68
Q2 - The revenue from car parking at Hastings Country park contributes to the management of the site.
Q3 - The council charges for the use of all car parks
Q4 - Car park charges are used to help maintain the car parks and the wider Hastings Country Park
Q5 - This is a statement and not a request for recorded information.
Freedom of Information