FOI request (FOIR-163892582)
Information Asset Owners (IAOs)
Requested Tue 24 December 2019
Responded Thu 23 January 2020
I'd like to make a Freedom Of Information request please in relation to the Council's Information Asset Owners (IAOs).
I appreciate that not all Councils use the title of Information Asset Owners, however most will appoint persons in a similar role and have a similar structure.
Can the FOI request therefore be applied to these roles if you do not use the title Information Asset Owner (obviously substituting the phrase 'IAO' in the questions for the Council's own name for the role)?
For clarity of what I would define as a similar role, the Cabinet Office guidance entitled 'The role of Information Asset Owners (IAOs) in government' defines an IAO as: 'Information Asset Owners (IAOs) must be senior/responsible individuals involved in running the relevant business. Their role is to understand what information is held, what is added and what is removed, how information is moved, and who has access and why. As a result they are able to understand and address risks to the information, and ensure that information is fully used within the law for the public good. They provide a written judgement of the security and use of their asset annually to support the audit process.'
1. Has the Council appointed, or does the Council plan on appointing IAOs?
2. Whom is responsible for the leading IAO structure, i.e. the SIRO/'Lead' IAO/Head of Governance/Head of Corporate Services etc.?
3. What is the IAO structure in terms of how the role is allocated (e.g. is it only given to heads of departments), and what are the job titles of the IAOs?
4. Whom is responsible for reviewing and implementing any training needs for the IAOs? (A job title is fine)
5. Spend on IAO training over the past 5 years, per year (if not able to be broken down year by year, an average per year is fine).
Q1 - Hastings Borough Council has not appointed any Information Asset Owners (IAOs)
Q2 - Q5 Not Applicable
Freedom of Information