FOI request (FOIR-149594374)
Human rights assessments
Requested Fri 11 October 2019
Responded Thu 17 October 2019
I am writing to make an open government request for all the information to which I am entitled under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Please can you send me information for each of the following 6 points?
1. How many human rights assessments you have carried out to assess statutory support exclusions for EEA Nationals (non-British) in the period January 2015 - present day in your authority area?
2. How many people were deemed to be eligible for local authority assistance after a completed Human Rights Assessment had been undertaken in the period January 2015 - present day?
3. If a person requesting assistance is in an excluded group (i.e. EEA National), social services will undertake a human rights assessment and will firstly consider whether the person or family can freely return to their country of origin. Information on your policy of reconnecting EU Migrants - if so what is your policy and what is your process for reconnecting someone? For the purposes of this request, reconnection is defined as the process of supporting EU Citizens to return, in a planned way, to an area where they have family and social networks and/or where they can access accommodation.
4. Information on the number of people who have been supported through a reconnection service to another part of the UK or to return to country of origin as well as information on the age, gender, nationality and marital status of those who have accessed a reconnection service. Are children included in the reconnection process? I request this information for period January 2015 - present day in your authority area. This includes where the reconnection is done by agents or third party organisations.
5. Information on what destinations within the EU you have reconnected people to, and the numbers to each destination January 2015 - present day.
6. Information on the source of funding for reconnecting/ supporting people to another part of the UK/return to their country of origin January 2015 - present day including whether central government money is used to pay for reconnection or it comes from local authority sources and an indicative (or if easier average) cost of each reconnection January 2015 - Present Day.
Hastings Borough Council holds no information in respect of this request.
Freedom of Information