FOI request (FOIR-141055101)
Requested Mon 02 September 2019
Responded Fri 06 September 2019
1. Please can you advise me of how many salons/establishments operate in your borough with sunbeds.
2. How they are licensed?
3. What process is involved for a salon to be registered with yourselves?
4. How they are checked for compliance?
5. How often they are checked for compliance?
6. What are the measurements taken for rays omitted?
7. Who completes the checks?
8. How do you check that staff are fully trained to advise of the dangers of sunbed use?
Hastings Borough Council does not licence or inspect sun bed establishments.
Our Environmental Health Team advise that such establishments are only inspected and licensed in London where they have 'special treatment'.
Freedom of Information