FOI request (FOIR-121953744)
Housing Land Supply position and Local Plan status
Requested Fri 31 May 2019
Responded Fri 05 July 2019
I am writing to you under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 to request the following information from your Planning Department, regarding your current (5-year) housing land supply position and in regard to your current local plan (status):
1) a copy of your current 'five year housing land supply' position statement. If you cannot provide a current housing land supply position statement, please provide the most recent document illustrating your district's housing land supply position.
2) a copy of, or hyperlink, to your current (adopted) local plan and the date it was adopted.
3) The same information for any Site Allocations, Development Management Policy Plan, or similar "Local Plan part 2" document which forms part of the "local plan" alongside a core strategy (or similar).
4) If your plan is more than 5 years old, please let me know if this plan has been reviewed and is therefore seen as "up-to-date".
5) If your plan period has ended, or if the plan is more than five years old and has not been reviewed, please let me know if you are currently working on a plan review and/or if you are still using the policies of the plan, which already passed its plan period, for the determination of planning applications.
Please provide the information in the form of the document including this information or a hyperlink to your website where the document can be found.
If it is not possible to provide the information requested due to the information exceeding the cost of compliance limits identified in Section 12, please provide advice and assistance, under the Section 16 obligations of the Act, as to how I can refine my request.
If you can identify any ways that my request could be refined I would be grateful for any further advice and assistance.
If you have any queries please don't hesitate to contact me via email or phone and I will be very happy to clarify what I am asking for and discuss the request, my details are outlined below.
Hastings Borough Council does not have a current 'five-year housing land supply' position statement, but our latest 'five-year housing land supply' position is set out in the most recent Local Plan monitoring report. The link to the Local Plan Monitoring Report is below:
https://www.hastings.gov.uk/content/planning/planning_policy/latest_news_consultations/467751/Final_LPMR_2019_incl_appx.pdfQ2 - Hastings Planning Strategy (adopted 19 February 2014): https://www.hastings.gov.uk/planning/policy/adoptedlocalplan/strategy/
Q3 - Hastings Development Management Plan (adopted 23 September 2015): https://www.hastings.gov.uk/planning/policy/adoptedlocalplan/dmp/
Q4 - The Council is updating the current Local Plan.
Q5 - We are in the process of updating the Local Plan and are still using the policies of the plan for determining planning applications at this time.
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.