FOI request (FOI228016)
Requested Fri 26 January 2018
Responded Fri 26 January 2018
I have some questions regarding the Crematorium facility under the operations of this local authority:
1. Cremations done per year at facility; 2012-to now.
2. What is maximum capacity or number of possible cremation that can be done per year.
3. Number of cremation machines at facility.
4. How many cremation machines are operational.
5. Number of machines with mercury abatement.
6. Revenue, expenses and profit from facility; last two reported financial years.
7. Average cost of cremation; current price.
8. Cost of a no-service (low cost) cremation; current price.
9. What is your average waiting time, if any - last available data.
Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding.
This information is heldQ1 - Jan 1st -Dec 31st2012- 1373 2013- 1448 2014- 1404 2015- 1469 2016- 1447 2017- up to Nov 10 - 1292Q2 - 2268 (45x50.4 weeks on a five day week) Q3 - 2 Q4 - 2 Q5 - 2 Q6 -2015-16 Expenses £639,913.60 Revenue £1,068,148.39 total (profit) £428,234.79 2016-17 Expenses £675,216.96 Revenue £1,137,371.83 total (profit) £462,154.87 Note the additional income is used to fund other council services. Q7 - The current cremation charge for a normal time slot is £642 Q8 - Hastings Borough Council do not offer a 'no service' option, everyone is allocated a service slot to use the facility as they choose as, for practical reasons, we receive everyone through the service room/chapel.We do have a reduced fee for the 9.30 time slot currently £532 Q9 - We rarely get full to capacity passed 7 days, data is not recorded as it is not a current issue.
Freedom of Information