FOI request (FOI223299)
Community Protection Notices - FOI
Requested Thu 05 October 2017
Responded Thu 05 October 2017
We are seeking information on your authority's use of Community Protection Notices between October 2014 and June 2017. We are particularly interested in how they may have been used to sanction young adults (aged 18-25), so breakdowns of data on who was given a CPN or sanctioned for non-compliance by their specific age would be ideal.
1. How many Community Protection Notice warnings have been issued by your authority in the time period specified?
2. How many resultant Community Protection Notices have been issued in the time period specified? Please state the subject of these CPNs and provide the text of any notices if available.
3. How many Fixed Penalty Notices, prosecutions, convictions, fines, remedial orders, forfeiture orders and warrants for seizure have been issued for breaches of Community Protection Notices in the time period specified?
4. Could you provide any demographic information about who was given CPN warnings, CPNs and resultant sanctions, particularly the specific ages of each person?
5. Could you confirm whether the data you provide only refers to measures and resultant sanctions that your authority issued? I.e. does you data include instances where the council issued a CPN but the police shared enforcement responsibility and so issued a sanction for breach? Or similarly, if you have a joint case management system, does your data include instances where the police have issued a CPN and also issued the sanction for breach? We are requesting the same information from police forces and don't want to double count cases.
6. Apart from the case management system you use to monitor and record cases of ASB, what other databases have people issued a CPN or sanction for breach been placed on in the time period specified?
Response1. Between October 2014 and June 2017 (inclusive) we have issue 5 Community Protection Notice (CPN) warnings for clearing rubbish.2. Between October 2014 and June 2017 (inclusive) we have issue 1 CPN for clearing rubbish.3. None.4. Information not held5. Information not held6. Hastings Borough Council use Northgate M3 Public Protection database to record our CPNW and CPNs.
Freedom of Information
Got a question about freedom of information?
ContentThe content on this page is the responsibility of our Council's Information Officer.